Simpkins Family Swim Center - Swim Lessons
Spring 2021 Swim Lessons
Simpkins Family Swim Center will be offering Spring Swim Lessons starting on March 15th, 2021. Due COVID19, group lessons will not be offered at this time. We will be limiting our lessons to Privates and Semi Privates only. All lessons will be 30 minutes long and all sessions will be held for 3 weeks equaling 6 lessons in total. Ages for these swim lessons range from 3 years old to 12 years old.
Semi Privates will be offered for up to 2 siblings and both children must be around the same skill level. If you are interested in semi-private lessons, you can indicate so when registering. Additional fees for semi-private lessons will be collected before the start date of the session.
A participant MUST be accompanied by an adult if they are a non-swimmer. This accompanying adult needs to be from the same household as the participant and will provide physical support in the water during the lesson. A participant does not require an accompanying adult if they are able to swim unassisted/ supported in the water safely.
- Session One: March 15th- April 1st
- Session Two: April 5th-April 22nd
- Session Three: April 26th-May 13th
Click here to view these sessions on our registration site.
Class Times and Days:
- Morning 9:00am- 1:00pm Tuesday and Thursday
- Afternoon 3:00pm-7:00pm Monday and Wednesday
- Each lesson will be 30 minutes long
Swim Lessons Cost (3 weeks- 6 lessons):
- Resident $180.00
- Non-Resident $198.00
- Resident $250.00
- Non-Resident $270.00
- Session One: March 10th @ 12pm
- Session Two: March 24th @ 12pm
- Session Three: April 14th @12pm
- Facemasks are always required for all participants in the facility except while in the shower or pool.
- Participants must not enter the facility more than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled swim lessons.
- Participants should arrive in their swimming suites.
- All belongings must remain on the pool deck and locker rooms are not open for use.
- Participants must be accompanied by an adult family member and no additional spectators are allowed.
- If you have taken swim lessons with us before, please state when signing up what level your child was last enrolled in.
- A safety Briefing prior to your first day of class will be required and a waiver must be signed by the parent or guardian of participant.
- There are no make ups for missed lessons.
Swim Lesson Cancellation and Refund Policy
Make-up lessons are not available for missed classes.
Requests for transfers, credits or refunds are subject to the following guidelines:
3 or more business days prior to the course start date:
- Transfer to another class or program.
- Withdraw and receive a full credit to your account with Santa Cruz County Parks; account credits are valid for one year.
- Refunds will be issued, less a $25 processing fee.
2 or less business days prior to the course start date:
- Withdraw and Transfer to another class or program.
- If the space can be filled from a waitlist, the account with Santa Cruz County Parks may receive a credit, or one can receive a refund (less a $25 processing fee)
Requests to withdraw from a course with less than 1-day notice may not receive a credit for the first class.
If the class or program has already started:
If the participant has attended only one or two class meetings and your concerns cannot be resolved, a refund may be issued. Credits & Refunds are not available once a class has met three times, or if a participant fails to attend a program.
If a class or program is cancelled by the Parks Department, a full refund will be issued within 4 weeks.