Although we’re all social distancing physically, as humans we need to stay connected emotionally. Try one or two of these out every day.
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to in a while to check in.
- Write a letter.
- Support a local restaurant - Many restaurants are still open for take out or delivery orders. Support your favorite joints and order food for pick up or try out Doordash or Ubereats and have it brought to you.
- Volunteer - There are many opportunities to volunteer to help those in our community. The Second Harvest Food Bank is in need of extra help during this period of high demand. Sign-up for a shift on the food bank’s website.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleepMake time to unwind.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- Work on Mindfulness - Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment. Practicing mindfulness involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
Exercise your Brain
- Visit the library, where you'll find tons of free ebooks, music, and other resources.
For the Kids (or kids at heart)
- Hold a virtual play date through Facetime.
- Teach a young person how to write and send a letter.
- Take a Virtual Vacation - Explore the work using Google Earth! Use Street View to see places like you’re actually there.
- Head to the Monterey Bay Aquarium through their live stream.
- Visit a museum and enjoy museums around the world through their virtual tours.
- Daily Doodle lessons by Mo Willems.
- Arts and Craft Activities
- Educational Resources
- Nature Journaling - outdoor and enviornmental science
- And a BUNCH more here - at Virtual School Activites